Color postcard (14 x 9 cm) with a view of Nicholas Senn Hospital, Park Avenue & Harney Street, Omaha, Nebraska, later called Doctor's Hospital. The image shows a three story building of grey stone, with a car parked in front. There are awnings over some of the windows. The reverse side is postmarked December 17, 1914. The address and message are typewritten; the recipient is Mrs. Emily Schlosser, Dodge, Nebr.
Located on the corner of Park Avenue and Dewey Street, Nicholas Senn Hospital opened on February 1, 1912. A modern, 60-bed building created especially for the hospital, it also boasted one of the finest x-ray machines in the U.S. The facility was named in honor of Dr. Nicholas Senn, a member of the Rush Medical College in Chicago, Illinois. Source: Wakeley, Arthur. Omaha: The Gate City and Douglas County, Chicago: S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, c1917, p. 360.