Color postcard (14 x 9 cm.) with an exterior view of the Burwood Theatre at 1514 Harney Street in Omaha, Nebraska. The Little Minister is playing. The Burwood Theatre was built in 1906 and in 1908 it became the Gayety Theatre. The three story building has an awning over the ticket window area and an ornamental roofline. There are a group of children in front. At the bottom of the card reads No. 212. Omaha Souvenir and Novelty Co., Omaha, Neb.
The Burwood, at 1514 Harney, changed its named to the Gayety in 1905. It became a notorious burlesque house. Civic organizations protested and finally in 1928 the theater was closed. Source: Omaha Public Library History Clipping File- Theaters.