The Burlington Railroad Station, just south of Union Station on 10th Street, was designed by Thomas Rogers Kimball. The $350,000 Indiana limestone structure was finished just in time for the 1898 Trans-Mississippi Expo. The original interior included an artistic double spiral stairway in the center of the second floor passenger waiting room to provide access to the lobby on the first floor. The station was closed in 1971 and has remained vacant. Source: Omaha Public Library Omaha History Clipping File- Burlington Station and Jeffrey Spencer's "Building for the Ages: Omaha's Architectural Landmarks" 2003, p. 79.