In 1906, the Omaha Christian Institute founded the General Hospital. It was taken over by private interests two years later and renamed Lord Lister Hospital. It was located on the southwest corner of 14th & Capitol Avenue in the Dellone Building. A special feature of the hospital was the mineral baths. It had 88 beds and treated 1,200 patients annually. Source: Wakeley, Arthur. Omaha: The Gate City and Douglas County, Chicago: S.J. Clarke Publishing Company, c1917, p. 360.