St. John's Cathedral and Creighton College, Omaha, Neb.
Black and white postcard (14 x 9 cm.) with an exterior view of St. John's Cathedral and Creighton College, located at 2500 California Street in Omaha, Nebraska. Trees and telephone pole are also seen in the image.
St. John's was, for the most part, built in 1887-1888. The transept and apse had to wait until 1922-1927 to be built. In 1977 the steeple was finally added to the right tower. In all it took 90 years for construction of St. John's to be completed. P.J. Creedon was the architect who drew up the original construction plans for the building, back in the 1880s. Needless to say, he did not live to see his work fully realized. Source: Spencer, Jeffrey. "Building for the Ages: Omaha's Architectural Landmarks." Omaha Books, 2003. p. 62.