Color postcard (14 x 9 cm.) with an exterior view of the Scottish Rite Cathedral on the southwest corner of 20th & Douglas Streets in Omaha, Nebraska. On the reverse side of the postcard are the typeset words "Omaha - The Convention City of the West".
The Omaha Valley of Scottish Rite organization came into existence in 1885. The organization's Scottish Rite Cathedral was designed by the architect John Latenser, Sr. and was built in 1912-1914. The structure still stands, and is today known as the Omaha Scottish Rite Masonic Center. Source: Spencer, Jeffrey S. Building for the Ages: Omaha's Architectural Landmarks. Omaha: Landmarks, Inc., c2003, p. 137.